Wednesday 24 June 2015

TRAILER: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - THE GHOST DIMENSION


I love horror movies but they don't have the same effect on me as they do some people. Sometimes I really envy people who get scared by horror movies. Sure, they make me jump from time to time, but then, I remember watching Oz: The Great and Powerful in 3D and jumping out of my skin at one point. Not my finest hour it has to be said. 

Still, one of my earliest memories of horror was when my school held a 24 hour sports day and in between the sporting events we were allowed to watch movies in one of the classrooms. It stayed with me because it was the first time I experienced first hand how a horror movie could truly affect somebody. We were watching A Nightmare on Elm Street and one girl in particular was scared out of her skin. It was great to watch.

I remember watching the first movie in the Paranormal Activity series and being afraid to go to sleep alone. I've only experienced this feeling three times in my life. The first was while watching Halloween, the second occasion was, strangely enough, after viewing the Tom Savini remake of Night of the Living Dead. The other films in the series didn't have the same effect on me, but then, the found footage sub-genre had been milked to death by that point. 

Still, the fifth and 'final' film in the franchise is slated for release on Oct. 23. The film will be directed by Gregory Plotkin - who makes his feature debut - this time out. The trailer hasn't knocked me out entirely but it might be worth checking out when it arrives at the back end of the year. See what you make of the trailer below.

Synopsis: Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension centres on the Fleeges — father Ryan (Chris J. Murray), mother Emily (Brit Shaw) and their young daughter Leila (Ivy George) — who move into a house and discover a video camera and a box of tapes in the garage. When they look through the camera’s lens, they begin to see the paranormal activity happening around them – including the re-emergence of young Kristi and Katie. The video camera footage will be presented in 3D in theatres.


No comments:

Post a Comment